Book a consultation with NancyI am there to assist you with any questions you may have. If I do not have the answer I will help you find one!
Nancy is a perfect mentor for churches and individuals wanting to start a needlepoint project. Whether it’s one or two pieces or completely adorning your sanctuary with kneelers, cushions, and hangings. She has worked with faiths that include Episcopalian, Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, and Lutheran, along with chapels at boarding schools and colleges. She has also assisted with custom canvas painting & needlepoint finishing services since 1983.
Nancy will assist you with Church and your personal projects:
For Church projects:
- Establishing a well-rounded needlepoint committee to oversee the numerous decisions associated with these projects such as:
- Fund-raising possibilities.
- Selecting stitchers, organizing and managing a group of enthusiastic stitchers.
- Interviewing and choosing the experts in this field (finisher, designer, artist).
For Persoanl Projects:
- Nancy is offering a variety of “How To” videos that will save you the expense of Finishing and Painting costs. This will give you the satisfaction of completing your very own needlepoint heirloom.
You may schedule a consult with Nancy to receive more information regarding any question you may have about your new creation.
Designing, painting, and pulling wool is a fun part of any needlepoint project.
- Nancy will energize you and provide you with all the necessary materials to create needlepoint art specifically for you.
- Regarding a church project…maybe someone from your church community has a knack for upholstering. We can schedule a hands-on instructional video and share Nancy’s proprietary knowledge so they can finish your needlepoint pieces with professional results.
- Nancy can supply needlepoint canvas for any of your needlepoint needs.
Invite Nancy to visit your church and she will evaluate the condition of your needlepoint furnishings.
- You will receive a hands-on demonstration of onsite repair-work, cleaning and regular maintenance.
- A customized Conservation plan with written instructions, schedules, a list of materials and equipment necessary to execute the methods.
Schedule your consultation with Nancy:
Consultations can be in person in the DC-metro region, by telephone or online via Zoom.
Onsite visits are charged a fee based on location and time spent. Travel fees may apply for in-person meetings.
Please call to learn more about our consulting fees. 410-829-7591
A few of the churches Nancy has worked with:
- The Washington National Cathedral in Washington, DC
- Trinity Church on Wall Street, NY
- Cathedral of St. John’s the Baptist in Savannah, GA
- St. John’s Cathedral in Knoxville, TN
- St. Paul’s Anglican Church in Bermuda
- Holy Trinity Episcopal Church in Auburn, AL
- The Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD
- Church of the Redeemer in Bryn Mawr, PA
- Bruton Parish in Williamsburg, VA
- Mulberry Street United Methodist in Macon, GA
- Central United Methodist Church in Albuquerque, NM
- St. James Episcopal School in Hagerstown, MD
“The cushions are a perfect fit. They look beautiful and everyone is very pleased. Thanks so much. We continue to get compliments on our cushions and on your finishing.”
Wayne United Methodist Church, Villanova, Pa.
“Yesterday was the first chance I had to see the newly restored kneelers and I wanted to tell you how wonderful they look. You and your workers did a beautiful job on them. We are so happy to have them looking new again. I thank you very much.”
Emmanuel Episcopal, Virginia Beach, VA